The Grand Finale!
I knew from the beginning of this project I was going to do
orange, but I wanted lots of different shades,
so I pulled out the dye, of course!
I did an ombre effect on the bodice with a pale orange
fading into cream,
and ruffled 4 yards of fabric for the skirt.
One of the baby dills asked if she could hear anything
through those earbuds as we were playing photo shoot :)
The obi [the Japanese tie for a kimono]
was purchased in a secondhand store
in Japan and I knew the perfect project
would eventually come up to showcase the
The "O" button and tie was serendipitous.
As I was stitching the two sides together,
the feed dogs [ironically] chewed up the antique fabric,
so I needed to add a little something.
The sleeves I made extra long and added
thumb holes for a bit more interest.
Olive likes the ruffles and did a great job of strutting
the runway as I inspected the final product,
both front and back angles.
I felt like the designers on Project Runway,
as their look comes out,
mentally analyzing the whole story.
Luckily I hadn't thrown out my dye water,
as the dyed shoes were last minute
[and perhaps still a bit damp!]
An Orange, Obi adorned clad Olive=O Pop!
Go and vote!