...got a new dress.
The pattern I used for this dress came from Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones. Any review you read about Amy Butler's patterns will include many (angry, frustrated) comments about how vague her instructions are. I have to agree that they aren't like the typical commercial patterns you buy, as she doesn't include step-by-step photos/drawings, but she does have written instructions that, if you're an intermediate seamstress, you can figure it out. The only change I made was the contrasting cuffs--I lengthened them and added a "V" instead of just a slit. I would also recommend making diaper covers to match. The fabric is Japanese and, yes, you recognize my red linen. I used every scrap I had on this project.
I wish fabric was like biscuit dough and I could gather every bit, make a ball, and roll it out again for more.